Guelph Humane Society 50/50 Lottery
Current Winning Prize
Grand Prize Entry Deadline is 11:59pm, April 15, 2021
Who You Help
With every ticket purchased, you are helping to ‘Unleash Hope’ for vulnerable animals in Guelph and Wellington County. Ticket sales will directly support our new facility at 190 Hanlon Creek Blvd. Join us in creating a bright, spacious, and comfortable new home for the animals in our community.
How It Works
50/50 Lottery Winner Announcements
Lottery License RAF1201857
- The lottery will take place online only from 12:00am March 15, 2021 to 11:59pm April 15, 2021
- All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Must be in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
- Tickets are $10 for 10, $20 for 40, and $40 for 120
- Tickets will be available online at GHSlotto.ca
- Tickets will be sold using an electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions.
- After buying, patrons will receive a confirmation e-mail with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
- The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
- The amount of the 50/50 will be shown on GHSlotto.ca.
- The winning number will be announced on GHSlotto.ca and on Facebook.
- The winner may claim their prize by contacting the Guelph Humane Society Inc. at: (519) 824-3091, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org The ticket may then be brought to the Guelph Humane Society at 190 Hanlon Creek Blvd at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. All payments will be made by cheque.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for.
- The winner must provide his/her name, address, and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will be kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated to a charity other than Guelph Humane Society Inc, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws: Guelph Staff and Board of Directors, as well as their spouses, children and children-in-law are not permitted to purchase tickets and are not eligible to win.
- All tickets purchased between 12:00am March 15, 2021 to 11:59pm April 4, 2021, will be entered into the early bird prize draw for $500.
- The draw for the early bird prize will take place April 5, 2021 at 11:00am.
- The draw for the grand prize draw will take place on April 16, 2021 at 11:00am.
- All tickets purchased between 12:00am March 15, 2021 to 11:59pm April 15, 2021 will be entered into the grand prize draw. It is possible for the same number to win both the early bird prize and the grand prize.
- The draw will have a guaranteed minimum prize of $5,000. When the ticket sales exceed $10,000, the winning prize will be half of the sales.
- Lottery tickets are NOT eligible for charitable tax receipts.
- The above set of rules will be posted online at GHSlotto.ca.
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline (1- 888 – 230 – 3505)