April Showers GHS 50/50 Lottery
Estimated Take Home Prize
Thank you to everyone who participated in our 50/50 draw. Our next one is coming soon so stay tuned!
Who You Help
Buy your lottery tickets now and take a chance on winning BIG, while giving animals in our community a second chance!
How It Works
Lottery License RAF1235942
- The lottery will take place online from 12:00am Thursday March 31, 2022 to 12:00pm Monday April 25th, 2022.
- All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Ticket buyers must be physically in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
- Tickets are $10 for 10, $20 for 80, and $40 for 250.
- Tickets will be sold online at
GHSlotto.ca. Purchases can be made by credit card only.
- Tickets will be sold using an electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions.
- After buying online, patrons will receive a confirmation e-mail with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
- The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
- The amount of the 50/50 will be shown on
- The winning number will be announced on
GHSlotto.ca, by email, and on Facebook.
- The winner may claim their prize by contacting the Guelph Humane Society Inc. at: (519)
824-3091, or by email at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. The winnings must be claimed by the individual named in the original purchase transaction. Proof of the online winning ticket may then be brought to the Guelph Humane Society at 190 Hanlon Creek Blvd at an agreed upon time for ticket and identity verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning virtual ticket and no copies. Payments will be issued by e-transfer or cheque, at the discretion of the Guelph Humane Society.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for.
- The winner must provide their name, address, and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning ticket number will be kept in a safe and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed, the prize will be donated to a charity other than Guelph Humane Society Inc, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws: Guelph Staff and Board of Directors, as well as their spouses, children, and children-in-law are not permitted to purchase tickets and are not eligible to win.
- All early bird tickets, including winners, will be eligible for subsequent Early Bird Draws and the Grand Prize. All tickets purchased between 12:00am Thursday March 31, 2022 to 11:59pm Monday, April 4th, 2022 will be entered into the Early Bird Draw #1 of $500. Ticket will go back in to also be eligible for Early Bird Draw 2.
- The draw for the Early Bird #1 prize will take place on Tuesday, April 5th at 11:00am.
- All tickets purchased between 12:00am Thursday March 31, 2022 to 11:59pm Tuesday April 19th, 2022 will be entered into the Early Bird Draw #2 of $500.
- The draw for the Early Bird #2 prize will take place on Wednesday April 20th, 2022 at 11:00am.
- All tickets purchased between 12:00am Thursday March 31st, 2022 to 12:00pm Monday April 25th, 2022 will be entered into the grand prize draw. It is possible for the same number to win any of the early bird and the grand prizes.
- The draw for the grand prize will take place on Monday April 25th, 2022 at 1:00pm.
- The grand prize draw will have a guaranteed minimum prize of $5,000.
- When the ticket sales exceed $10,000, the grand prize will be half of the sales.
- Lottery tickets are NOT eligible for charitable tax receipts.
- Lottery tickets cannot be transferred or resold to another party.
- The above set of rules will be posted online at
GHSlotto.ca. A hard copy of these rules can be made available at the Guelph Humane Society at 190 Hanlon Creek Blvd., Guelph ON, N1C 0A1.